Helping CT Cancer Patients
A charitable gift of financial support to cancer patients and their families can quickly and compassionately remove some of the stress and worry to help patients fight back against their illness. We give those affected by cancer a sense of hope, courage and community.
How to Apply For Assistance
Oncology social workers at our partnering Connecticut hospitals and cancer centers assist cancer patients being treated at their respective facility with a simple application process.
- Cancer patient must be a Connecticut resident and in active treatment for cancer.
- Application must be accompanied by a letter of support from an Oncology Social Worker verifying patient diagnosis and financial need.
- Applications for assistance are reviewed and carefully considered by the CCF Executive Director
- Each request is evaluated based on pre-established criteria and guidelines including patient need and availability of funds.
- Except in unusual circumstances, grants are awarded directly to the patient.
- Once a completed application and necessary documentation is received, a grant is often delivered within days.
- Yale/Smilow Cancer Center patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at Smilow.
- Hartford Hospital patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at Hartford Hospital.
- L+M Hospital patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at L+M Hospital.
- Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center patients must apply directly to the Social Work Department at HLRCC.
Many of us do not consider the immediate and overwhelming financial consequences that can result from a diagnosis of cancer. Yet countless patients in the U.S. are suddenly confronted with insurmountable bills at an already difficult and stressful time.
We are grateful for our partnership with Pink Aid of Westport, CT making it possible to increase our financial support to breast cancer patients in need.
By providing cancer patients in need with direct financial assistance, CCF is able to quickly and compassionately ease their financial burden. It is our belief that even small gestures of support can be the jump start a patient needs to fight back against their illness. SOMEONE CARES!
For more information, please contact us at 860.388.0788 or e-mail.